Follow the step-by-step tutorial to learn how to make the most comfortable dress in my closet. I didn’t want it to look plain, so I cut out the back to make it look fashionable and stylish. It’s like my Christmas dress; I wear it almost every day. I will make another like this soon, maybe then, I will take a better photo and also share a picture tutorial.it’s easy to make; it took me approximately two hours to sew. I will make the pattern available on my next post.
Materials required for this tutorial
2 yards of stretch fabric (jersey)
Thread to match your fabric
- Fold your stretch fabric inward, the back of the fabric facing you. Cut out your front, back and triangle back facing.
- Sew darts into the front piece.
- Place the triangle facing on the front side of the back piece and sew. Trim, clip and iron. Turn the facing inward that is, at the back side of the back piece and iron to flatten.
- Fold the back triangle facing ones and sew on top of it.
- Place the front and back, back to back and sew along the top at each shoulder. Check the tutorial illustration above.
- Double fold the neck to the front side of the pieces, like a turn-up, and then sew round, close to the edge.
- Flip the front and back, back to back and sew along the two side seams.
- Turn up the armhole and sew; double fold the armhole to the front side of the front and back pieces. Iron, pin and sew. Hem the bottom of the dress.c’est fini. DOWNLOAD THE PATTERN HERE